Wednesday, July 22, 2015

All About This Kinder Teacher!

Hey there! 

Today, I am linking up with the brand new Kinder Tribe! I am so excited for this Kindergarten Teacher Collaborative blog to take off! 


So, here is more about me! 


I am a VERY new blogger, and after recently discovering Linky Parties, my blog views have shot through the roof! I can't thank you enough for visiting my blog to read more about me and my love for teaching!

This will be my third year in Kindergarten. My first year I taught 2nd Grade, and as I loved my students, I just knew it wasn't quite where I belonged. I have always wanted to teach Kindergarten, and I am SO thankful for admin who decided that K is where I belong! After moving to California, I recently got a job for Kindergarten! I am so thankful for the opportunity to continue teaching Kindergarten!


I can't live without my STARBUCKS! Well, coffee in general. I can't start my day without it! Only another month until Pumpkin Spice Lattes return! Pumpkin Spice Lattes ARE my favorite part of Fall.



My favorite book to read to my Kinders is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Back when I was in Kindergarten (20 years ago!), I remember my teacher reading us this story and making a fun craft. It's those memories that encourage me to make learning memorable with activities and crafts. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom was the FIRST book I purchased and it is my favorite read aloud of the year.



 My first year in K, I spent a LOT of time reading blogs and pinning ideas. One of the first Kindergarten blogs I started reading was Miss. Kindergarten! I love her ideas, products, and just reading her blog. She is fabulous! Check her out!

Miss Kindergarten

My favorite part of teaching Kindergarten is seeing their love for learning BLOSSOM! When that lightbulb in their head lights up, or they read their first CVC word, those are the moments I teach for. I cherish all the hugs, love notes, smiles, and laughs, that come with those sweet Kindergarteners. There's no place I'd rather be than K.



20 comments:

  1. Oh, we're two peas in a pod! I CANNOT live without Starbucks. I blame it on growing up in Washington!

    Have a great school year!

    Your newest follower,
    Lisa
    Apples & Owls Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my things on my bucket list is to go to the very first Starbucks in Seattle! Thanks for following, I can't wait to check out your blog!

      Kristina

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristina! Nice to **meet** you! I'm a first year kindergarten teacher (going on two) in SoCal! Where about are you? I feel like we have a lot in common, including our love for Miss Kinderarten! I'm in the process of getting my blog started but it's nice to know I'm not alone!

    Amanda
    Kinders and Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda! Nice to "meet" you too! I LOVE your name, I actually thought about incorporating coffee into my name too, but couldn't think of one. I'm in Orange County! I live in Irvine, but I'll be teaching in Orange. I just moved here a month ago with my fiance so I'm fairly new to the area. Where are you?
      If you're close, I'd love to meet up for coffee! :)
      -Kristina

      Delete
  3. Kinder is the best! I am the same with my starbucks- they know my order and we always talk about Hunger Games! It is seriously my crack!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new Starbucks doesn't know my order yet, but I'm sure once school starts they will! Haha

      Delete
  4. So excited for you as a new teacher! Kindergarten is so fun and amazing! I love your passion and look forward to reading your posts this next school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yess! I love starbucks as well! (I don't get it nearly as much as I do during the school year and that might be a good thing! lol) I really like their cinnamon dolce lattes in the fall/winter and vanilla bean frappacinos in the summer. :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm bad during the school year..I go at least 3 times a week! I love Cinnamon Dolce too! I add cinnamon to the coffee I make at home and it tastes like a Cinnamon Dolce latte!! You should try it :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Kristina! So excited to meet you & be part of our new "kinder family"! I'm really looking forward to sharing & collaborating with you and our "tribe"! I love your blog!
    Annie Veas ~ The Learning Studio Bug :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! Can't wait to collaborate with you and our "tribe"!

      Delete
  7. Love me some Miss Kindergarten!!! And Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is my favorite too!! So excited for our Kinder Tribe!! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Miss Kindergarten is the best! She commented on this instagram post and followed me yesterday and that made my day!!!

      Delete
  8. I love colourful expo markers too! And Miss Kindergarten is awesome! Love her! I used to be a Starbucks addict but then I moved and now there is barely any Starbucks around me so I have learned to survive! haha I'll treat myself to a Green Tea Frappucinno once in a while but that's about it ;)

    Yukari
    A Pinch of Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Starbucks around you? That's terrible! But I'm sure it helps your wallet out! Thank you for organizing this linky party! I loved reading everyone's posts!

      Delete
  9. I love your blog design! So pretty:) I share your love for colorful Expo markers. I kinda hoard them and let the kids use the basic blue, black, green, and red. All to make it fair for the kids, of course! Have a great year!

    Ashley
    The Pink and Paisley Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do the same thing!!! I keep all the pretty colors and they use blue or black. It keeps them from fighting over the colors of the markers. But I do let them use the pretty colors for a reward every once in a while! :)

      Delete
  10. I am with you too as far as being new to blogging world. :)
    I started in march and I am just really getting into it this last month. I can't wait to see more of your posts. I read your pinterest post and I am going to go organize my boards now :)

    Elisa @ Ms.C's Kinder Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm going to check out your blog as well! Organizing my Pinterest was the most productive thing I've done all summer! It made my OCD heart happy!

      Delete