Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday! {and a FREEBIE}

Happy Friday! 

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my FIRST ever linky party! Shout out to 1st Grade Love for helping me with the steps to link up! 


So here it goes! 
I love Fridays SO MUCH! Here is my FriYAY Freebie from my newest Chevron Decor Set! This summer I am completing an entire Chevron Decor Set to use in my classroom. As I finish each part, I am uploading them to my TpT store. In a few weeks, I will have a discounted bundle up in my store! 

I know some of you will be going back to school very soon, so this is a perfect option for your Classroom Calendar. I just bought a blank calendar (Thank you Target Dollar Spot!) and plan to use this set for my calendar time. Why spend twenty plus dollars on something you can have a chevron chic one for only $5 (including the $1 blank calendar)?!? Here is the full set! 


Check out my Days of the Week Freebie by clicking on the picture. I even included the Yesterday was, Today is, and Tomorrow will be signs.


Yesterday, I got the keys to my new classroom! I just moved to California less than a month ago, without a job, and I couldn't be more thankful that I now have one! And it gets better because I will be teaching KINDERGARTEN! K is definitely where my heart is and I absolutely adore my Kinder little ones. 

As I was looking at my TimeHop, I realized that EXACTLY three years ago, I got the keys to my FIRST classroom! What a coincidence! My new classroom has desks instead of tables, which I have never had for Kindergarten. When I taught 2nd Grade, I HATED the desks. SO I will have to work on some organization expectations for their desks. 

Here is a then and now of my classrooms! 

Ready for a YUMMY and HEALTHY recipe? This is my favorite easy breakfast recipe for summer mornings. I love it so much, in fact, I have made it 3 times this week! 

Easy Peasy Three Ingredient Pancakes!

1. Ingredients: A RIPE banana, 2 eggs, and cinnamon. 
2. Mash the RIPE banana. 
3. Mix the mashed banana and 2 eggs. {It will be lumpy, don't worry}
4. Put a dab of coconut oil or butter on pan, heated on a low setting. Pour batter on the pan. 
5. After about 2 minutes, flip. They should be a tad browned on the one side. Watch very closely, they cook FAST! 
6. Serve with fruit, or maple syrup! 

This recipe makes about 5-8 pancakes depending on size. They are more of a crepe like consistency. It is a delicious alternative to pancakes! 

DECISIONS, DECISIONS!
I am trying to decide on my Teacher Planner for this upcoming school year. I used to use my Lilly Pulitzer Planner, but I need something more suited for teachers, after barely using it this past year. So, after lots and lots of research, I am stuck between Plum Paper and Erin Condren. I have read 10 different articles about which one is better and can't quite come to a conclusion...

Pros: Plum Paper has a lot of really cute covers(especially my favorite-anchors!) and customizable subject tabs. EC has a gorgeous design inside, a sturdy cover, and lots of extras (like that zipped pouch). Plus 25% off until Sunday!

Cons: Plum Paper has this weird frosty cover over the front cover. I am not too crazy about the inside, it is kinda plain. EC does not have as many options for covers and you have to write in the subjects in the planning area. 

I think I'm leaning more towards Erin Condren, but I am not buying until later today and when I am 100% sure! 
I'd love to hear your opinion! 
Here's a cute picture of my dog, Jack! He is loving California and the view just as much as I am! I am definitely not used to seeing mountains in my morning view! 

YAY! That's my first Five for Friday Linky Post!




6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your new job and classroom! I'm sure it'll be a fab fun year! Your recipe looks yummy too! Hope you enjoy your new life in California, so jealous, I have visited many times and absolutely love the place!!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love California so far, it is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore my Erin Condren planner! I just made my wishlist for when I buy one in a few months! I shared my love for my planner today with some of my friends! Here's a link where you can get $10 towards your purchase, if your a new buyer! https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/sarahberger0124-3624

    I am itching to try those banana pancakes, too! Thanks for the sharing that they are tasty!

    Sarah
    http://lifeloveandlessonplans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! I just bought my Erin Condren planner today and I am super excited to use it! Although I'm sure it will be a few weeks until I have it!

      Definitely try the pancakes! I was sketchy at first, but they are good!

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Congrats on getting a new job in California and joining your first linky party! I joined this linky party for the first time last week and it has been so fun! I'm also a California girl and I love it! Hope to connect with you more!

    Ashley
    One Step Closer Teaching
    1stepcloserteaching@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I love California so far! I'm in Orange County and there is so much to do here! I love that I have all summer to explore. :)

      Delete