Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Week- 5 Fun Facts!

Today is my official last day of summer! I have been lucky enough to enjoy two extra weeks of summer due to moving... (more about that later) To celebrate/mourn the end of summer, I am sitting and relaxing ALL day by the pool.

 I am super excited to link up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week!  

And since today is Monday, you get to read more about me! 

 My favorite place in the world is the beach! I have never lived more than 20 minutes from the nearest beach, so I consider myself very lucky.

I lived near Fort Lauderdale Beach until I went to college at Florida Gulf Coast University, which is located near Fort Myers Beach. I taught in that area for three years, then moved to California this past summer, where I live near Laguna Beach! Although the beach is different here, I am happy to be able to go there on the weekends, to enjoy the sun and sand.
Enjoying Laguna Beach!
When I get stressed, bored, or I'm looking for something to do, I turn to baking! I've always said that baking is my form of stress relief. I love to find a new recipe on Pinterest and tweak it to make it my own!
This is a homemade caramel apple pie that I made for Thanksgiving. So yummy!
A year and a half ago, our puppy, Jack came into our lives! He is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel (a smaller version of a cocker spaniel) and was even born on Valentine's Day! It has been quite the learning experience training and taking care of a very highly energetic puppy! Here are some cute pictures of Jackers!


Elephants are my favorite animal! When I was very little, my favorite movie was Jungle Book, and I told everyone that I wanted to go to Africa to see the elephants! Ever since then, I have loved elephants. 




My second favorite place in the world is Target. I have a serious addiction to Target. I can't go in there and not buy $50 worth of things. I go in for shampoo and paper towels,  but come out with half the dollar spot, office supplies, and hey- something new to hang on my walls.

These accurately describe my relationship with Target. I am serious about creating a shirt that says #teacherslovetarget because we all know it's true.




3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you at Target! I could spend hours there and could probably go every day. The only thing saving my bank account is the fact that our nearest Target is a 40 minute drive.

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last Target picture is so me! I used to live 5 minutes from a Target and I spent way too much money. It's much better that I live an hour away from one now!

    Samantha
    Special Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bake away the boredom as well. That caramel apple pie looks divine!

    ReplyDelete