Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Target Dollar Find- Dry Erase Sentence Strips

Oh, Target, how I love you! And your conveniently located Dollar Spot right at the front of the store. I HAVE to look around, even if I am just going into Target for shampoo. I always end up leaving with some fuzzy socks, another metal pail, $10 worth of bins and those seasonal pencils. Well, I decided to make my Target finds a little more useful and share how I use them in my classroom!

Here is my first Target Dollar Spot find! Dry Erase Sentence Strips- $1 for about 30 strips.
(These are not the hard board ones- but the more paper-like ones)

I found these at the Target Dollar Spot this past summer. So of course, I had to buy 5 sets of them. They have really come in handy while doing word sorts, teaching my small group reading centers, and writing sentences to use. But my best idea for them came to me earlier this week. You could make your own using sentence strips and laminating them!

While I was looking at my {still bare} word wall, an idea popped into my head. I should use those erasable sentence strips for my word wall. I can add and erase words as I need to! This really comes in handy when we are working on writing and we need to spell a new word. All I did was cut them in half and staple them up! No more switching out words every month or quarter, and its super easy to change up. The students can even write words!

Here is what my new word wall looks like! 

A close-up of the words.

Just erase...

 And it's ready for a new word! 

Thank you Target! Reason #3125 why teachers love Target.


No comments:

Post a Comment